About the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation
The Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation (DFOF) is a 501(c)3 police support organization, designed to assist the families of police officers killed or seriously injured in the line-of-duty. Since its inception in 2009, the organization has maintained its strategic goal of lessening the financial and emotional burden placed on officers and their families following catastrophic incidents that result in the officers' death or inability to work.
Due to the wide-range of resources that officers and their families need during their times of crisis, the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation has organized for the sole purpose of supporting those families by providing: financial assistance and other supportive services centered on helping the officers' families cope with the loss.
Although, the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation's primary goal is to assist the families of "fallen officers" injured or killed in the line-of-duty, it values philanthropy and community engagement.
- Provide monetary assistance for families of "fallen officers" in the Dallas region
- Assist police officers & families with accessing resources
- Assist families with funeral planning
- Provide gift baskets, flowers and sympathy cards
- Assist with making hotel accommodations for fallen officers' out-of-state family members
- Participate in community engagement and support
- To develop avenues for support across varies sectors of society
- To allow police officers to be directly involved in providing support for themselves and fellow officers
- To work in cooperation with the parents, widows and family members of the fallen officers to honor the sacrifices of their love ones
- To act as stewards of goodwill on behalf of the families to advocate for support